Job Opportunity at Eurofins BioDiagnostics – Laboratory Manager
Eurofins BioDiagnostics, Inc. is a leading provider of seed testing services to the seed industry with customers worldwide. Eurofins BioDiagnostics (EEBDI) uses state-of-the-art DNA, protein and analytical chemistry-based technologies to help customers reduce time to market and produce high quality seed. Eurofins Bioanalytical Services is searching for a Laboratory Manager – QA using Standard Seed Testing Methods in River Falls, WI.
Laboratory Manager responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Oversee testing services for standard seed testing (SST) services in agricultural row crops, vegetables, cereals, grasses, and flower species
· Manage all technical aspects of high throughput standard seed testing methods used to assess seed quality including: germination, viability, vigor, physical purity, noxious weed identification, and moisture tests
· Special projects such as seed safety studies and customer-specified experiments
· Keep pace with annual rule changes and increasing sample volumes
· Oversee the implementation and validation of new tests and process improvement through lean initiatives and ISO17025 continuous improvement
· Ensure that EBDI is in compliance with the appropriate and current AOSA, Canadian & ISTA rules for seed testing
· Provide technical expertise, oversee all testing within the lab as well as manage budget and staff
· Provide technical support for these services, meet with customers and develop plans to meet their specific needs, and will represent EBDI at industry meetings to promote EBDI’s testing services.
The ideal candidate would possess:
· Ability to communicate with customers regarding the interpretation of results is an essential component of this position
· Demonstrated success in the field standard seed testing services
· Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills
· Creativity, initiative, and self-motivation are essential for this position.
· Able to sell services to potential customers
· Experience working in high throughput business is a plus
· Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
· Master’s degree in agronomy, botany, horticulture or a related field or Bachelors plus 10 years’ experience
· Comprehensive knowledge of AOSA and ISTA rules regarding quality assurance testing for germination, vigor, physical purity, and other standard seed testing needs in the seed industry
· Experience with staff management
· Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of River Falls, Wisconsin are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options.
The Society of Commercial Seed Technologists (SCST) is an organization of professional seed technologists dedicated to research, proficiency and improvement in seed testing from private and company laboratories across the United States.